The Sir Henry Sidney Apartment

 2 Bedroom self-catering holiday apartment Ludlow Castle Shropshire.


Sleeps: 4

Dining: 8

Rating: 5 Star

 

The Sir Henry Sidney apartment is situated on the first floor of Castle House and these handsome rooms have views over the castle’s outer bailey towards Whitcliffe, a local beauty spot – which itself grants visitors to Ludlow stunning views of the town and Clee Hill.


Sitting Room/Dining room

The impressive sitting room/dining room, with comfortable leather sofas, is at the heart of this apartment, with leaded windows overlooking the garden.

The apartment benefits from a flat screen TV with DVD player and Sky TV (free channels), plus a micro hi-fi system with Dab radio and CD player and Wi-Fi Broadband Internet access.

 

Kitchen

The large fully- fitted kitchen, leads off from the sitting room. Appliances: Gas hob and electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine/drier, fridge/freezer and all essential utensils.

 

Bedroom 1 with En-Suite Bathroom

Bedroom 1 has twin beds, views over the garden and en-suite bathroom, with an over bath shower. These beds can be zip- linked to form a king size, if requested in advance. The recent renovations have left exposed the restored oak beamed ceilings, dating from the sixteenth century.

 

Bedroom 2 with En-Suite Bathroom

Bedroom 2 has twin beds, an en-suite bathroom, with over- bath shower. A lovely window seat adds a relaxing feature to this room.

As bathrooms are accessed via bedrooms this apartment is best suited for single family occupation.

 

Smoking & Pets

Smoking is not allowed. A maximum of two dogs are allowed in this apartment (£3.00 per dog, per night)

Car Parking

There is one designated car parking space for this apartment.

Sir Henry Sidney – History

Sir Henry Sidney, Lord President of the Council of the Marches (1559-1586), probably built The Judges’ Lodgings (in the inner bailey of the castle) to accommodate the many judges, attorneys and clerks who needed to live or stay at the castle when the courts of the Council of the Marches were in session. His coat of arms can be seen above the entrance to the inner bailey when crossing the moat.